Mr and Mrs Bailey

Mr and Mrs Bailey

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers, dresses and disasters!

Happy Mothers Day! Yes this is to all the beautiful and talented mothers and mothers to be out there and especially my mother. We spend a lot of time growing up trying to be someone of something different. Different then the world, different then the "norm" (whoever decides that anyway)...at least I know I tried for this. As I have officially entered into my "late" 20's I can reflect on this concept. My verdict it that it's not a bad thing to be like our mothers. I would be lucky to have as much passion as my mom does for things in life. I am alone on this mothers day. Brian is in Philly, my sister is with her husband, my roomy's are all out of town... so as I sit and eat my scrambled eggs and listen to Ingrid Michaelson, it is nice to take time and reflect. Especially after the week I had.... but here we go!

Monday after I had been wedding dress shopping for what seemed like forever, looking at dresses that all mushed into one dress... you know what I mean. The dresses with beading in just another place, or lace in the same places, same necklines, same look... blah blah blah. after a while i seriously got BORED looking at dresses. Is this so sad considering it was only my 5th and 6th stores? Or maybe that's a lot, but I don't think so. Finally in the last shop... BAM, POW, WHAM, VA VA VOOOM... yup... that was my reaction to this dress! It was like a party had been thrown just for me and this dress all in a moment of time. They say you don't choose the dress, the dress chooses you. Even after ALL THAT. I still wanted to see if something else could "match" this dress, so I walked out with my head held high. On my way to Michaels, I went to get out of my car and CrAcK... yes thats the sound of my door's unlock system breaking. My door won't open!! I tug, I pull, I hit, I even literally kick... nothing. I ever so slyly slide over to the passengers side and hop out. Fhew... no one saw. After shopping I go to get back in. Still broken. This new ritual of getting in and out of my car is getting faster and faster... but I am no less embarrassed. Imagine, me moving into my new place tomorrow, (which btw I'M MOVING!!). Bags and boxes piled high all around, moving in and, yup my car door won't open. I am going to have to climb out of my window tomorrow when I do this. Can't wait! =/

Back to "The Dress"!! So all week I was fantasizing about this piece of cloth that I would be wearing. Why is it that people get so obsessed about a wedding? I didn't know if I would, but rest assure it's happening. Beware to all, no one is safe! Why do vendors think they can add an extra zero to all prices when you through the word wedding in front. This stuff is so expensive! Jazz band, that will be half a million, thanks. Photobooth, that will be a million, but just for you we will give you a dollar off. What a deal! Tables, chairs, linens, flowers, cake, food, decor... the list goes on! How do people do it? Don't get me wrong, I love party planning, anyone and everyone knows I love to throw a good party and so does Brian. I was just never that little girl who dreamed up my one day wedding, so I am just taking it all in stride. Happy strides... Just ask the man staring at me dancing in the car, by myself because I was on my way to the invitation place and just got SO excited to marry Brian!! That's the end point...the happy and blissful end point, Shawna and Brian.

3 comments:

  1. So, when do I get to see red hair??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone scared me away from it!! Not the color, but the lack of coming out when I want to take my bridals and for the wedding! I bought it and was soooo close! I am thinking it may be, after wedding hair instead of before, just in case. I posted the pants pic for you though. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i need to hear wedding updates... and i want to start seeing some pictures!!! love ya girl

    ReplyDelete