Mr and Mrs Bailey

Mr and Mrs Bailey

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Life As I Know It


1 week ago I got ENGAGED!!! This is a HUGE deal for all those who know me well. Life has been a cyclone full of ups and downs and I am very excited to say on September 11th 2010 I will become Mrs. Shawna Noell Gunn Bailey. Not quite sure about keeping that middle name part yet though. Seems kind of long, but I love Noell... any thoughts?

This is Day 3 of Brian, my Fiance being gone from my blissful presence. He is a "summer sales guy", which means every summer for work he heads out to who knows where to do door to door work. He is amazing at is and is in his 6th year (I think). This being our 3rd summer apart, I am learning each summer what makes it suck and what makes it better. It being the distance, the time, the need for good communication... all of it! Any of you summer sales wives, girlfriends or newly dating twitterpated women know EXACTLY what I am talking about.

We went out last night with "the girls". Honestly this is the BEST part of Brian leaving every summer is my much needed girl time. Oh how I love my friends. Cheesy yes I know, but ask anyone. My girlfriends from elementary school until now are all still a part of my life and always will be. So as we get to this house party we're all excited, making the best of it. It was me, a girl who has been dating her man for 8 months and left for summer sales, a girl who has been dating her man for 1 1/2 mo and left for summer sales, a girl who's man is, but hasn't quite left for summer sales, a girl who is single and ready to mingle and a girl I just met, but loved! So we're dancing as we do best, having fun with this random guy no one has ever met. He goes and challenges me to a dance off... follow the leader kind of thing. You know me, of course I'm in. we're in round 3 and he tries to dance all sexy up on one of my girls so of course I have to top him. I get all low and start doing my thing when... RIIIIPPP there goes my pants in the butt area! AGHHHHH I wrap up my moves a little faster then I wanted and slyly slid next my girlfriend on the wall and just stood there. A minute later we were all in the bathroom laughing our heads off and taking pictures. I mean seriously, what else do you do. Needless to say, when my friends were ready to leave I was more than willing to high-tail it out of there while flaunting the rip under my left butt cheek exposing my boy short light pink underwear. Classy Shawna.

Well I think that's a pretty good "1st blog in my whole life" story. Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. you took pics of the incident? Well, where are they!?? helllo! Blog = pictures!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah they are on my gf's I phine... i need to get them from her.

    ReplyDelete